UCEP Bangladesh is one of the pioneers in the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector in Bangladesh, working with public and private sector partners for about 47 years. Key focuses of TVET and skills development program are (1) Training leads to productivity, which in turn leads to economic growth (training for growth); (2) Skills development for employability and for achieving decent job (skills for work). It intends to develop an integrated approach to equip the learner with required technical and employability skill for efficient productivity in decent job, which is prerequisite to promote value chain system. UCEP Bangladesh has been providing services through (a) 10 well equipped technical schools working in 8 divisions, which are Registered Training Organization (RTO) and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Centers, (b) 17 Outreach Centers (including 3 Government technical training centers), (c) 5 SSC-Vocational Schools.
- Technical training on 37 different courses including 21 National Skills Certificate (Level I & 2) courses.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment and certification services.
- Training for TVET & Industry Trainers and Assessors on Competency-based training and Assessment of National Certificate Level-IV.
- SSC Vocational 2 years Secondary School Certificate programme (Grade IX & X).
- Customized short TVET and skills development courses for industries, enterprises, projects, and for expectant migrants and returnees.
- Technical support to various agencies of the government and private sectors for capacity building and technical backstopping.
- Development of Competency Standard (CS), Competency Based Learning Materials (CBLMs), Competency Skills Log Book (CSLB) etc.