UCEP Institute of Science & Technology (UIST) was established in 2015, offering four years Diploma-In-Engineering program in six technologies including Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Computer, Textile and Automobile. The courses are recognized by Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB) of the Government of Bangladesh. UIST is governed by Social Enterprise Development (SED), UCEP Bangladesh. UIST’s campus is situated inside the Head Quarters of UCEP Bangladesh in Mirpur-2, Dhaka-1216.
The Institution is trying to provide modern facilities to the students by offering simulation training boards, modern techniques and digital (online) methods. UIST pays attention to the extracurricular activities including annual sports, study tours, industrial tours, science fairs, debate competition and social activities
To make the Institute a Center of Excellence in technical education by providing industry-oriented technical education in the field of science & technology through excellent teaching & learning, interaction with industry and continuous improvement of people process.
· To execute the standardized Diploma Engineering Educational and basic trade course training by ensuring quality education.
· To inspire, educate, and mentor students through learning-by-doing and integrated study, preparing the graduates for success as future technology innovators and industry leaders.
· To advance trans-disciplinary learning, engagement and use inspired research addressing important national and global challenges.
“Excellence in Technical Education”
Current staff position:
Total no. of teachers & staffs: 20
No. of Teachers: 17 (13 male, 4 female)
Principal – 01
No. of Instructors- 03
No. of Junior Instructors- 13
No. of Admin cum Accounts officer – 01
No. of Cleaners- 02
Reputation and achievements
1) In terms of result, UIST occupies the third position among the private polytechnic institutes of Bangladesh.
2) Mithila Islam Maria of UIST received 3rd prize at the National Essay Competition contest-2019 organized by BTEB.
3) An article written by UIST teachers and students was published in the famous USA journal (IEEE-USA 862-866) in 2019, titled ‘Design and implementation of water and pump motor controlling system.’
4) UIST was selected for Final round of national Skill Competition-2018.
Key Stake holder/ Sponsorship of UIST:
- RSA Capital
- Habib Bank Limited
- IPDC Finance Limited
- Dhaka Bank Limited
- BRAC Bank Limited
- KiK Foundation
- Shasha Foundation
- Mr. Roger Hennekens and Mrs. Roger Hennekens
- Mr. Kamran Bakr
Contact Information of UIST
Principal, UIST, Dhaka, Phone: +88029036035, 01515112233 Ø E- mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
UCEP Bangladesh, Plot#2 and 3, Mirpur -2 Dhaka-1216, Mirpur-2 (Adjacent to Janata Housing)